TOWN RECREATION FACILITIES
Town of Hoosick Summer Camp
Reynolds/Gilchrest Skating Rink
Hoosick Falls, NY 12090
TOWN OF HOOSICK CAMP 2023
Town of Hoosick Camp is a seven-week program for children entering Kindergarten through Sixth grade in September 2023. The program runs from Monday, June 26 to June 30 and July 10 to Friday, August 18th. The program meets from 8:00am – 4:30pm with additional morning or afternoon hours available for an additional fee. This structured, well-supervised program is licensed by the New York State Health Department and provides an opportunity for children to use their summer leisure time constructively. Town of Hoosick Camp is held at the Town of Hoosick Athletic Fields located at Barton Avenue, Hoosick Falls.
Campers are assembled in age appropriate groups and have a counselor assigned to them. Counseling staff is required to complete training that includes first aid, playground safety and recognizing abuse. The program requires a strict counselor to camper ratio to provide a safe, fun experience for your camper. To help with staffing:
- You must pre-register for any desired extended care hours upon registration for camp.
- You must drop your child off and pick your child up on time.
The objectives of Camp are to:
- Provide opportunities and relationships to help develop personal awareness, independence, social interaction skills and a positive use of leisure time.
- Provide opportunities for self-expression through arts and crafts, sports, and socialization with peers; provide trips and excursions that enable campers to visit points of interest and cultural significance.
- Conduct sports activities in order to provide motor skill development, the advancement of good sportsmanship, and social relationships as part of a team and as a competitor.
- Foster an environment to allow the development of each camper’s potential for self-growth, social interaction and leadership.
Camp offers children a variety of appropriate and diverse activities and trips. These include arts and crafts, sports and games, music and movement, playground and library time and a variety of trips and visits to Town parks.